Best poster award
Ionized calcium in serum – the influence of time periods from sampling to centrifugation, and from centrifugation until analysis
Antonija Perović, Marina Njire Bratičević, Diana Ljubimir
Accepted poster abstracts
Congratulations to all the authors of the accepted poster abstracts and authors of the abstracts secected for oral presentation!
A list of accepted abstracts and abstracts selected for oral presentation are available here.
We thank all the authors for their contribution to the scientific and professional content of the 8th CSMBLM Congress.
Posters will be displayed throughout Congress duration in designated poster area according to the poster number assigned on the boards. Posters should be mounted on boards starting from Tuesday, 22 September 2015 at 16:00 till Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 12:00 and should be removed by Friday, 25 September 2015 at 17:00. Organizing committee is not responsible for posters that will be left after congress closing.
Every day from Wednesday, 23 September 2015 till Friday, 25 September 2015 from 14:00 to 15:00, a Poster Walk will be organized in the poster area according to the schedule provided in Congress Final program. You will have an opportunity to present your poster to the Poster committee. Only those who present their posters to the Poster committee will enter into competition for valuable prize. The Poster committee will award best poster prize at the Congress closing ceremony.
Final deadline for abstract submission is 17 May 2015
Registered participants can submit poster abstract and the number of submitted poster abstracts is not limited. Presenting author has to be registered participant of the Congress but does not have to be the first author of poster abstract.
Abstracts will be published in special issue of Biochemia Medica journal. Requirement for abstract publication is paid registration fee for the Congress for one of the authors.
Poster abstract can be submitted in one of the following topics:
- Laboratory diagnostics and monitoring of malignant diseases
- Statistical analyses of laboratory data
- Harmonization in laboratory medicine
- Markers of kidney and urinary tract diseases
- Molecular diagnostics
- Automatization of procedures and processes in laboratory medicine
- Accreditation, organization, quality and laboratory management
- Laboratory hematology and coagulation
- Preanalytical and postanalytical phase of laboratory work
Instruction for abstract preparation:
Abstracts can be submitted in English language (and Croatian for Croatian native speakers) in form of a Word document (*.doc ili *.docx) prepared according to the following instructions:
Font size: 12
Line spacing: Single
No tables, figures and references
Avoid the usage of non-standard abbreviations
A maximum of 300 words per abstract (without title, author names and affiliations)
Abstract should be structured as follows:
- Introduction – hypothesis and aim of the study
- Materials/Subjects and Methods – description of the subjects and methods used in the study, statistical tests provided
- Results – results of the study with exact numbers and P values
- Conclusions – conclusion derived from the results and aim of the study
Abstracts will be evaluated by Congress Scientific Committee according to technical and scientific criteria:
- Abstract preparation according to given instructions
- Title is informative and related to study subject or conclusion
- Clear hypothesis and aim of the study
- Properly described methodology and subjects
- Appropriate use of the statistical analysis
- Results are given with appropriate statistical data
- Conclusions derived from presented results and according to the aim of the study
- Scientific and professional contribution for laboratory medicine
Names and surnames of all authors have to be listed together with their affiliations. The name of the presenting author has to be underlined. Also, the e-mail address of presenting author has to be provided.
Authors of the abstracts selected for oral presentation will be notified by e-mail and included in congress scientific program.
Printed posters have to be 70 cm wide and 100 cm high and displayed on specified boards. Each board will carry a poster number assigned by the congress Organizing committee. Posters will be displayed throughout the congress duration. Posters should be mounted by Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at noon (12:00) and removed by Friday, 25 September 2015 at 5:00 pm. Organizing committee is not responsible for posters that will be left after congress closing.
Poster Walk will be organized every day from 2:00 till 3:00 pm according to the schedule provided in the Congress Final program. Presenting authors are kindly requested to be present at the poster site and present the work to the Poster committee in order to be considered for the poster prize. If the author is not present at the poster site, respective posters will not be considered for the poster prize. Poster awards will be given at the Closing ceremony on Friday, 25 September 2015.
Presenting author will be notified about abstract receipt by e-mail provided on abstract submission form.
Authors will be notified about abstract acceptance not later than 15 June 2015.
Abstract submission is closed